Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Teen Titans #84 - DC

This issue is ok. I think we're heading in the right direction. But . . I'm just not thrilled with it. The team has split into two groups. Aquagirl and Bombshell are heading into the Atlantic Ocean. Apparently that's where the energy for the portal into Wylde's world shows up. So, they're going to there to lock down the energy, while the rest of them navigate the portal and Wylde's world from somewhere in northeast Asia. How they came up with that spot . . I'm not entirely sure. But . . the efforts work and Cassie leads a team into Wylde's world to find Raven. Other than that? Not a lot happens. Aquagirl and Bombshell do a little bonding, from the bottom of the Atlantic. And they've noticed that everything seems a bit off . . the temperature, the ecosystem, the fish . . basically everything. And they have to chase after the energy of the portal when it moves. Which actually leads into a trap. Their part of the story ends when they're swallowed by a very large eel-type looking fish. Meanwhile the rest of the gang face a couple of challenges in this alien environment. But Static comes up with an idea of blanketing the entire world in a radio signal. Basically he's trying to give Connor something distinctive to listen to. And it works . . until they all seem to be electrocuted by lightning. But somehow this alerts M'Gann back at Titans Tower. The story ends with her also trying to get to Wylde's world. She feels the overwhelming urge that if she doesn't get their soon, the rest of the team may never come back. But . . we don't know why. So far I thought this was the best part of the story yet produced by Felicia D Henderson. I didn't really like her first 2 issues. But she seems to be finding her spot now. We'll just have to see how this story progresses. I did like Jose Luis' pencils. But, I liked his stuff when he did the Red Tornado mini-series also. His style fits in nicely with these characters. Anyways, I don't feel that the book is back to it's greatness, yet. But . . I think we're at least heading in the right direction. I can see some promise. The back-up story is about Traci 13, Zatarra and Black Alice. There are some demons trying to get into our world and apparently they're using these 3 magic wielders desires to alter the reality. It's an interesting story. I don't know that it's worth the extra buck for the book though. It's by Rex Ogle and Ted Naifeh. Again . . we'll just have to wait to see where it goes. I love this team, and I want this book to last. I hope they can pull it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment