Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Batman Confidential #45 - DC

Apparently this story carries over from the mini-seres book that came out in 2008 . . Superman/Batman vs Vampires and Werewolves. I decided not to buy that series, so . . I wasn't really familiar with these characters, Dimeter and Dr Combs, when I started reading it last issue. But I think last issue pretty much got us caught up. Anyways, Batman and Dimeter are both looking for Combs for their own reasons. Batman, because Combs recently escaped from Arkham. Dimeter because Combs is the one who originally turned him into a vampire. However, Dimeter came upon him by accident. He just happened to be in New Orleans when he saw Combs walking the streets. Anyways, Combs seems to be working with a Mama Ezili. A witch-doctor of sorts that lives deep in the bayou. Apparently they're doing some kind of voodoo to raise the dead. I guess to make Ezili more powerful. And since Batman and Superman had taken this guy down once before, Bruce puts in a call to Clark to let him know what's going on. But this time rather than dealing with Vampires and Werewolves, they'll be dealing with Zombies and Mummies. Which makes me wonder why this story wasn't told in the Superman/Batman title instead. But either way, it looks like Superman will be joining the story next issue. This chapter of Confidential is brought to us by the same team that produced the original mini-series . . Kevin VanHook and Tom Mandrake. I thought it was ok. I'm just not a big fan of these stories. And while I'll admit that Tom is a good artist, I think I just kind of got burnt out on his stuff awhile ago. But . . it was an interesting story. It just didn't thrill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment