Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Kato Origins #2 - Dynamite Entertainment

Again, this issue . . I wasn't overly thrilled with the story. Or the art, actually. It was . . ok. These guys have a lot more talent than I do. But . . I can't say that it was worth the $4 which I paid for it. And with the economy tightening up, the cost of books going up, and lots of new titles hitting the shelves . . I constantly have to think about which books are worth continuing, and which books aren't'. I really don't want to miss something that I might really enjoy, just because I'm trying to follow something else that's only mediocre. I'm sorry. I don't like to think of these books like that, but . . I'm on a budget just like everybody else. I need to think about how and where I'm spending my money. And . . I want to get the most out of it I can. This story just seemed like the normal origin. Sure there's action and intrigue . . along with a bit of a mystery. But really, when it all comes down to it, it's all about Kato finding the love of his life and then doing anything and everything he can to protect her. And actually, this seems more like a 'Year One' story than necessarily an origin. Unless of course it's the origin of his love . . how he met Jung Noh completely by accident. Anyways, I'm sorry, but it just wasn't that entertaining to me. There's a few interesting ideas floating around in here. And a unique perspective on the world, from Kato's eyes. Things were a lot different in the 30's or 40's . . or wherever this story is set. So . . that was interesting. But overall, I just found it rather bland. Jai Nitz wrote the story, with Colton Worley doing the art. I don't know how long I'll hang with this one, but . . we'll see. Maybe it'll get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment