Sunday, April 18, 2010

World War Hulks #1 - Marvel

I said I was going to stay away from this book. That I wasn't going to get dragged in to even more titles. But then . . it appealed to me on another level, beside curiosity . . my cheapness. I had bought a couple of books from a guy on E-Bay, and got this one for 99 cents. How could I possibly pass that up? Even splitting the shipping between the books I bought, this one was only $1.99. I'm sorry I couldn't pass up a deal like that. As with the X-Nation mini series, this book is set up to fill us in on the developments of the other characters affected by the main story . . World War Hulks. This book bring us stories about A-Bomb and Marlo, Glenn Talbot and Bruce's wife Betty, Leonard Samson and the Red She-Hulk, and Deadpool (?). Although, Deadpool isn't actually involved until he goes on a raid of the hellicarrier with the Red Hulk and becomes a part of the Hulked Out Heroes. Consequently his story leads directly into that title. The book was ok. I don't think that there was really any information shared that we hadn't already heard . . or suspected. But in my mind, it definitely puts Glenn as the front-runner for the identity of the Red Hulk. I might be reading more into it than I care to admit, but . . it seems like all arrows are pointing in his direction right now. Anyways, it's filled with a slew of talent. The writers include Jeff Parker, Harrison Wilcox, Scott Reed and Paul Tobin. The artists include Zach Howard, Ben Oliver, Aluir Amancio, Ramon Rosanas, Ryan Stegman and Ig Guara. They're mostly new talents, but . . I think that's the point. It was an interesting book. But . . I was glad that I only paid 99 cents for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment