Friday, April 30, 2010

the Amazing Spider-man #629 - Marvel

This issue was . . ok. I wasn't thrilled with the previous few issues, but . . I thought this one had a more compelling story. Captain Universe is still trying to kill Marko Cain, but . . he stops and listens long enough to realize that he's not the only one out there who's had a hard luck story. In the end his obsession with killing Juggy ends up costing him his powers. Whomever out there decides who gets this power decides that they're 'disappointed'. I guess they figured out that this guy wasn't doing anything with his power to actually make the universe a better place. I mean, I assume that's what these people are given this power for . . right? Anyways, it seems that the real problem is in the bedrock below Manhattan. It's become very unstable, and if not fixed soon could lead to a catastrophic earthquake. So the power decides to switch to the person who could not only fix it, but essentially was the cause of all of this in the first place . . Juggernaut. The Cosmic Juggernaut? Can you imagine? Anyways, he fixes things, and when he returns he shows some compassion for the guy who was trying to kill him. Who ends up going on to write a book . . 'I Survived the Juggernaut'. Anyways, I thought Roger Stern put a little more character development and interaction into this issue. But essentially it was still just a slug-fest. We don't really see anyone else in Peter's supporting cast. So I was a little disappointed in that regard. And, I'm sorry, but I'm still not thrilled with Lee Week's pencils. I'll be glad when we move on to the next story-arc which includes Curt Connors, and will be brought to us by Zeb Wells and Chris Bachalo. We get a little preview at the end of this issue, and . . it looks pretty neat. Sorry I couldn't be more positive about his issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment