Friday, April 30, 2010

Mighty Avengers #36 - Marvel

I thought this issue told a much better story than did New Avengers. At the end I'm a little confused as to the fate of the Infinite Avenger's Mansion, but . . other than that, I really enjoyed this issue. It turns out that Hank had sent Janet's essence into the underspace . . that's the space beneath the microverse. And, the main purpose of these large number of Jocasta robots were to act as the millions of neurons in any human body. While the Mansion acts as a harness . .'helping her keep her shape and preventing her from dissipating.' But obviously Jacosta feels betrayed, and used when she finds this out. And then, on top of all of this, we've got Ultron who's recently come back and has decided to attack his father. But Hank wins out with brains over brawn. First he uses some image inducers to make Utron think that he's surrounded by anyone who's ever been an Avenger. And then he offers him a deal . . well, actually it's Jacosta's idea, but Hank follows her lead. 'If you agree to cease all hostilities, I will give you something that you've wanted for a very long time. I shall WILLINGLY become your bride. Royal families arrange marriages to protect their kingdom. And that's what I am. Avengers Royalty. And you were to dumb to see it.' And then with all the Avengers there to back him up, he forces Ultron out one of the Mansion's doors into a remote, desolate area of space. In the end though . . Jocasta is still with Hank. If she can split her personality over millions of mansion servants, she can certainly be with Ultron and the Avengers at the same time. But I have a feeling that could come back to bite the Avengers later on. But we'll have to wait for that to happen. And then Hank heads off to Oklahoma to help the Avengers in their current battle. I've really enjoyed the way that Dan Slott has handled Hank's character in these recent issues. I really feel like he's moved past all the crap that has come before, and is a very strong character once again. My only concern is that with all this new Avengers stuff coming out that he's going to get lost, or diminished, in all the minutia. Again, I have no idea where he's going to land, but . . he's definitely one of the characters I'd like to keep an eye on. I also enjoyed Khoi Pham's interpretation of these characters. I guess I'll just have to start perusing the new issues as they begin coming out next month and try to figure out just which ones I'm going to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment