Sunday, April 11, 2010

JSA All-Stars #5 - DC

Last issue Johnny Sorrow drew out the King of Tears. He's this big demon-monster thingy from some nether region. So now the All-Stars, plus the Injustice Gang are trying to stop it from destroying the world. Anyways, as all of this is happening, Johnny gets ahold of Courtney and sends her to the subtle realm where she finds that Al has also been stranded. They're all upset that Courtney has disappeared, but . . this King of Tears has to take priority. So this issue, Courtney and Al are trying to figure out how to get out of this place. They get a tip pretty early on that they need to head towards the Courts of Despair. Yeah! That's a place I'd want to hang out. But I guess they don't have much of a choice because they have no idea where else to go. Anyways, they're spending so much time together, counting on each other, that the feelings they once had for each other are starting to swell again. Their part of the story ends when they make it to the Courts, but . . upon opening the door, Courtney is surprised by what she finds there. I have a feeling that Al isn't actually Al. I'm not sure if it's Johnny in disguise, but . . something is amiss here. While back in the real world. a new girl shows up. Later on we find out that her name is Anna Fortune, and Doctor Fate sent her. She seems to be some sort of sorceress as she uses a spell to capture the King of Tears . . another one to help save King Chimera from the injuries that he suffered, and at the end of the issue she uses another spell to transport them all to the subtle realm in search of Courtney. But I'm a little suspicious of her also. Her arrival was just to well timed. I don't think that Kara has let her guard down, but for now they're following her. For all we know, maybe the King of Tears was all just an illusion. I have a lot of questions and suspicions right now, but . . I guess I'll have to wait until next issue when this current story-arc is wrapped up. And apparently all of this takes place before Blackest Night because Damage is still alive. Anyways, I like the book. I think Matthew Sturges is doing a good job with the story. And I'm really impressed with Freddie Williams II's art. So far it's been pretty fast-paced, right since issue #1. They haven't really had time to stop and breath. So when things do slow down . . it'll be interesting to see if Matthew and Freddie can things just as entertaining. It shouldn't be to hard though. There's a pretty good cast of characters here.

2 comments:

  1. i am in need of your reviews for this month!!

    i know they are coming-
    i am just needing your feedback

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on it. Sometimes it's just hard between this and my full-time job. The problem I have is, when I come here to write, I don't want to rush it. I want to be thorough and honest. Plus, since this is my hobby, I don't want to cheat it. You know what I mean? But don't worry, I've got plenty lined up to read.

    ReplyDelete