Saturday, July 31, 2010

Teen Titans #85 - DC

I'll admit it . . I wasn't thrilled with Felicia D Henderson's stories when she first took over this book. I don't know why. I can't pinpoint a certain thing. They just didn't feel right to me. However, now that she's gotten through the first couple of issues, I also have to admit that I think she's getting better and better with every passing chapter. As well as the artwork of Jose Luis. He definitely has a Ed Benes style to him. Who coincidentally inks his work on the cover. And I think he is also improving with every issue. Most of this issue Aquagirl and Bombshell spend inside of some kind of sea-monster. They got swallowed up last issue, and don't work their way out until near the very end of this one. Also M'Gann spends most of the issue trying to convince the tech-geeks that she needs to also get into the Wylde to help her team-mates. They end up hooking her up to some kind of experimental device that, I guess, expands her consciousness and allows her to enter the Wylde as pure thought. Kind of an astral projection, I guess. Anyways, the rest of the team have found Raven . . they know where she's at, but now they just have to get past all the defenses and actually get to her. However, when M'Gann finally does make contact . . it appears that the Wylde has come back through and taken over her body. We'll have to see how all of that plays out next issue. One theme that definitely comes up this issue, as the team is trying to fight it's way to Raven, is that Cassie and Connor definitely still love each other. That comes up over and over again. Overall I thought it was a pretty decent issue. We don't make a whole lot of actual progress with the story, but . . a few things are explained a little better. I'm also not thrilled with the backup story . . 'Coven of Three'. I think it's a neat idea, putting Zachary, Alice and Traci together, but . . I don't really care all that much about these characters. And this story by Rex Ogle and Ted Naifeh, I don't feel is going to change that. It's interesting. Just not all that engaging. But, as far as the Titans go . . I feel like that book is heading in the right direction. But . . I've said that before. The proof, as they say, is in the pudding. So . . we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment