Sunday, July 18, 2010

Echo #23 - Abstract Studio

Ivy and Julie discover some more revelations about the suit that Julie's wearing . . Annie's suit. A few issues ago, Julie used the power of the suit to cure Ivy's daughter. She doesn't know how she did it, just that somehow she focused on her, and let the suit do the work. It was a theory of Ivy's that panned out. Anyways, after the intense moments of the last issue, Ivy and Julie get some rest in each other's arms . . whether on purpose or not. The next day, as they're looking for a place to clean up and get some clothes, Julie notices that Ivy looks 10 years younger. I'm guessing either from their proximity or contact while sleeping. And when they go to get clothes . . Ivy notices that Julie seems to have bulked up a bit. She's noticeably bigger, and about 3 or 4 inches taller. They don't know yet that it's a reaction from the suit, but . . I'm guessing that's what Ivy's thinking. Meanwhile, Dillon has gone back to HenRi and is trying to make contact with Vijay. He's the guy that Cain was looking for when he killed those other guys from HenRi back at the restaurant. So he figures, if Cain is that intent on him . . he must have some answers. He's hoping that between this guys knowledge and Annie's notes that they can figure something out. But at the end of the issue we see that Cain is also still watching Vijay. I've really enjoyed this series. I think Terry Moore is a master story-teller . . both with his scripts and his art. I know he may not be the most detailed artist, but . . he has grow flow, and some fantastic images. It's got to be hard to be the sole creative force behind a project, but . . I'm betting it's also kind of liberating. I mean, when you write a story you see the images in your head. You have a vision of what you want it to look like. As a writer/artist, Terry just gets to express that same vision to paper. To me, it seems like it would make it seem that much more rewarding when looking at the finished product. Actually . . I envy him. Anyways, he does a great job with this book and I look forward to it every 6 weeks or so. If someone doesn't grab it before me. I've been lucky lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment