Saturday, July 31, 2010

Justice League Generation Lost #6 - DC

This issue is mostly about Nathaniel Adam. With the recent bomb, that he saved the rest of his teammates from, he had to absorb the energy it expelled. As usual this sends him catapulting through time, until his body readjusts. He lands in a primitive time that he assumes is the 1800's, but . . the people's accents are strange. He later finds out that it's actually the year 2351. It appears that whatever Max Lord is doing in the present . . this version of Earth is a result of him machinations. He's also found a very old, very frail Kara . . Power Girl. Everyone else is dead. Nate finds out that there was a war, and lots and lots of Kryptonite. Kara's in agony. She doesn't eat of sleep, but . . she also can't die. Nate hears her story, and witness' the fate of this Earth, shortly before being pulled back to the time in which he left. We also get a little recap of his origin, for those not familiar with his character. He's actually one of the old Charlton characters that DC bought . . way back when. Anyways, all of this has served to further his resolve to help find and eliminate Max Lord. I've always liked Nate's character. He even had his own series for a short time back in the 80's. But from the previews I know that there's a big confrontation coming up between him and Magog. Supposedly . . somebody is not going to make it out of that. I really hope that it's not Nathan. I think he's a great character. He's just been completely underutilized his whole existence. I'm just speculating here, but a thought crossed my mind while reading this story. Nate goes on to explain that he's becoming less and less human. He feels like underneath his shell, all that's really left is energy. And we all know that energy can't be destroyed. So . . what if he catapults through time, one of these instances, and loses his memory? Couldn't it be conceivable that one day he could become Wildfire of the Legion? I know. It's a big jump there, but . . with the right creative juices behind it, I could see somebody possibly explaining it that way. Anyways . . it's just a thought. Back to the book though . . I think Judd Winick is doing a great job with these stories. I enjoyed the art of Keith Giffen, Fernando Dagnino and Raul Fernandez this issue. And the beautiful covers by Cliff Chiang and Kevin Maguire. I do have one more question though. I thought that this was a limited series . . 12 issues, or so. But right now in the previews it's listed up to issue #14. So for now . . there doesn't appear to be an end in sight. I'm not complaining . . I was just wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment