Sunday, July 25, 2010

Batman: Streets of Gotham #14 - DC

I wasn't thrilled with this issue, but . . it does get us back into the Hush story-line. Obviously, with Bruce coming back soon . . something is going to have to be done about Tommy. I don't necessarily mean from like the JLA's point-of-view. I mean as far as DC is concerned. Right now Tommy is posing as Bruce, while being kept under a very, very tight leash. And his jail is the Elliott family manor. The one interesting thing I found in this story is that Tommy is reading some of his late-mother's letters and journals. He's starting to get more of a feeling for how the Elliott's and Wayne's are connected. This issue we see one of the very first instances where Martha meets Thomas Wayne. Needless to say . . it didn't go well. Anyways, like I said . . something is going to have to be done about Tommy because they can't have 2 Bruce's running around. Right? I'm not sure what will happen, but . . in the meantime he's still trying to use the Wayne name. This time he's trying to use his perceived influence, and position on the Board of Arkham, to get more killers released out into the wild of Gotham. Right now . . he's trying to work on Jane Doe. Obviously it's a hopeless cause, but . . stranger things have happened. And plus . . it's really only one more in what I'm sure is ultimately his end-game. It'll be interesting to see what his real goals are. Anyways, like I said, I wasn't overly thrilled with it, but . . I do want to see what happens with Tommy. The story was brought to us by Paul Dini and Dustin Nguyen. For the back-up, we got the first part of a Two-Face story. Basically it's about the vacuum of power created by the Black Mask's incarceration. Two-Face wants to take over the Gotham underworld, but . . the Falcone's are ready to give up that easily. Plus, no matter what he does, he's going to have Batman to deal with. And now, apparently, the FBI. The second story was by Ivan Brandon and Ramon Bachs. Overall . . I thought it was just an average issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment