Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sam and Twitch: the Writer #1 - Image

I have to say . . I was a little worried going in to this issue. First it's been so long since we've seen an issue of Sam & Twitch . . almost 4 years. Secondly . . it appears that Todd McFarlane has nothing to do with this one, other than that he created the characters, so . . I didn't know how it would stand up to the rest . . what I remember. Anyways, this one was written by Luca Blengino, with Luca Erbetta doing the art. Both of which I've never heard of. But . . I'm willing to give anyone a shot. So . . I just started reading it . . open minded. It'll be a quick series though. Apparently it's 4 issues are coming out bi-weekly. So it'll be over before we know it. I don't know, yet, if that's a good thing or bad thing. From what I understand from this opening chapter, we have this guy in NYC who is either hearing voices, or has someone channeling themselves through him. It appears that he's left messages everywhere . . all over New York. But people probably see it mostly as graffiti. So, since no one's listening, the voice wants this guy to step it up. 'Surprise them. Do something they can't ignore. Do it for me.' So now he's taken to killing people and writing his story on their bodies. There's only been one, so far. There's a blizzard blanketing the city, so . . he'd have to be awfully motivated to try to find more victims in this mess. So Sam, Twitch and Charlotte . . a criminal psychologist, feel that they have a little time before they find another body. Sam and Twitch can do what they do, and Charlotte has some time to examine and study the writing . . to see what she can draw out of it. I thought it was an ok issue. It was interesting. And we got just enough information to keep us intrigued. Hopefully this mini-series will work out and we'll see another such project in the near future. These are some great characters. I hate to see them put on a shelf and forgotten for years on end. But that's all up to Todd. Isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment