Monday, May 31, 2010

Madame Xanadu #23 - Vertigo

I have to apologize . . I was a little rough on Amy Reeder Hadley's art in the last issue or 2. I don't know why, but I never realized that the only issue I really had was with the way that she was drawing John. But then it dawned on me . . John isn't really human. He's just pretending to be. So I'm thinking . . she drew him that way on purpose to show us that he wasn't quite the 'real deal'. I don't know why I didn't think about that sooner. I guess I was just being nit-picky. So, anyways . . Sorry! Amy, I'd be happy to have half your talent. You've done a great job with this series . . keep up the good work! So . . in this issue's story, Nimue ends up taking down her sister. As she fighting her, trying to match spell for spell, it dawns on her . . 'I must appeal to her wrath. Her contempt. Her arrogance.' In other words, she has to get her to let her guard down and underestimate her sister. Which is pretty easy to do, especially in the case of sibling rivalries. Anyways, long story short, she has a lock of Betty Reynolds hair, and uses it to take away the shell that Morgana is now inhabiting. She can call the displaced spirit back to it's rightful home. And now that this threat is over, John decides that it's time for him to leave town. I also think that Nimue came into contact with Aquaman this issue. We don't really see him, but she was saved in a manner similar to his. I like Matt Wagner's stories here. I like the way that Nimue is kind of taking us on trip through the history of the DC Universe . . from her unique perspective. And I like the character that Madame Xanadu is turning out to be. I have a feeling that this book will be around for quite a while to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment