Friday, April 20, 2007

Mystery in Space #7 - DC


I love this book. I think this is one of the best books out there right now. But there's only one issue left. So I'll be interested to see where they go from here. First of all we got one of the best scribes of all time with Jim Starlin. Nobody writes these space opera's like he does. Then we have the incredibly talented pencils of Shane Davis. I have been raving about him throughout this whole series. His work is fantastic. Ron Lim has been helping him out a bit to, so we have to give him his credit. And finally, we have a fantastic cast of characters here. The "good guy", "bad guys", and everything in between, are just phenomenal. This issue Captain Comet . . . or . . sorry, just Comet now, has decided "I'm going to start playing dirty. I really got no choice." "There's two objectives I've got to shoot for. I must get control of the Hardcore Station . . . probably through even more folks dying I'm afraid. I have to eliminate the ELC's psychic monks. Every last one of them has got to go." "I'm probably trashing my soul in the process. I'll have to figure out how to live with it afterwards." So he starts playing a grand game of chess with Deacon Dark. Who doesn't know that he's being played with yet, but I kinda' think he's always in that strategic mode. Also it appears that through some psychic manipulation, that the Deacon has brought the Weird over to his side. He's getting ready to sic him on Comet. Which, it appears, is how our next issue is going to end up being played out. And actually that our final issue of this fabulous story-arc. I really hope that there's something else done with these characters after this, because this is a fantastic story.

No comments:

Post a Comment