Sunday, April 29, 2007

Detective #830 - DC


I've told you that this book is getting better and better. Well this issue is no exception. This issue Stuart Moore steps in on the scribes, but Paul Dini will be back next issue. Also Andy Clarke continues to impress me with his unique artistic style. I really like his stuff. It's crisp and clean, and his panels flow very smoothly. This one wraps up the siege on the Wayne Towers. Last issue a bomber came in, and is spraying C-4 all over the place. He originally started randomly, trying to create chaos. But now he's trying to be systematic, so he can take down the tower. Also last issue, Robin caught up with him and sprayed him down with the stuff. So now he's a walking bomb. Since the stuff hardens pretty quickly, Robin has to find a storage closet and try to melt the stuff around the blasting cap. But I guess weighing the options, you use a torch on your shoulder, or half your body blows off. Not much of a choice. He melts it off, and in the process the sprinklers go off and wash the rest of it off him. Meanwhile, Bruce has decided that he can't sit on the sidelines any more, and needs to take a more direct approach. So he goes after the bomber himself. Batman captures him, but he chooses suicide over submission. Again, for him, not much of a choice. As I stated, many times actually, this books writing and art have improved dramatically over the last year. And I don't know what DC is doing different, but some of their books, such as this one, have some very vivid colors in them. I'm talking a noticeable difference from a year or 2 ago. It's gone from a book I bought only because I like the character, and I have so many of them, to a book I'm actually looking forward to reading every month. Thanks for the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment