Saturday, April 14, 2007

Loveless #16 - Vertigo


Well the Army has moved in to take control of Blackwater. Or more specifically, a Captain Lord. He has told Colonel Redd, the former peace keeper, that until his leg heals, and he's ready to resume his duties, that he will be relieving him of duty. But I don't know if that makes things better or worse. If I had to guess, I'd say worse. Originally this town was given to Mister Trotter. You know. He's the guy that hired Wes Cutter as the Sheriff. Nobody really expected Wes to make much of a difference, but Mister Trotter needed someone to blame when things went belly-up. Which in Blackwater, is a pretty common occurrence. A few issues ago, Wes and the Doctor, were shot and left for dead in the streets. But now it appears that his wife rescued him. She has him out in a cave by the falls of the river. And from the way she's been acting the last couple of issues, she's willing to do whatever it is she has to to protect him. And even a few things that she doesn't have to. She's also abducted another man and put him in leg irons, so he can nurse Wes back to health. I don't really know what the point of all this is, other that sheer chaos and disorder. I guess it's about people thinking they can control something they can't. Mister Trotter couldn't do it, the Army couldn't do it, and Wes couldn't do it. So now, I guess, they're just going to have to revel in the lawlessness. Which seems to be the only constant in this town. We got a new illustrator this issue, Werther Dell'edera. I can see why they put him on this book, with his style and all. But it just doesn't suit me much. So I figure either he's the new artist on the book, or he's the final artist for the final story-arc before the book is cancelled. I don't know which yet. But I'm sure we will soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment