Friday, April 20, 2007

Wildstorm Fine Arts : Spotlight on J. Scott Campbell #1 - Wildstorm


There's lots of fantastic art in this book. We get to see various covers of Gen13. There's a lot of the Danger Girls. Even some of the cross-over covers that he did. Also we got Bay City Jive, Superman/Gen13, WildCats, Skye Runner and WildSiderz. Some pretty amazing stuff actually. And if you want to see some eye popping babes, he's definitely the right artist for you. There's even a very nice piece in the front by Scott Dunbier about J.Scott's talent and character. Each picture also comes with some commentary by Campbell, about anything special he did for the piece, or what he was thinking, or the look that he was going for. All very interesting. My only complaint is that, while this is a retrospect, I would still like to know a little about what his plans are for the future. Is he going to do anything else with WildSiderz? Will he ever pencil another Danger Girl mini-series? Is he doing work for anybody else besides WildStorm? All legitimate questions. And all stuff I'm sure all his fans would like to know. But we didn't get any of that. I mean, as a true collector, I have all of this stuff separately. There was maybe 1 or 2 pieces in here I hadn't seen before. But it was nice to have it all collected in one place. But, like I said, what's the next step? We've now seen Jim Lee and J.Scott Campbell. It would also be nice to know if they're going to do another one, and who's next. But I really would like to see a Future Focus or Next Project page. That's the stuff we're interested in. And I'm sorry but, no picture of Campbell?

No comments:

Post a Comment