Friday, April 20, 2007

Teen Titans #44 - DC


Have I said it before? I Love the Teen Titans! They are such a fantastic cast of characters. And this issue we're dealing with Titans East. Or as I prefer to call them, the Anti-Titans. This issue is filled with a bunch of individual battles. But, I think, in order to win out, next issue, they're all going to have to switch dance partners. The one's they got going now, are just to evenly matched. Slade is trying to test Ravager and Joey. He's really putting them through the paces. Match has got Wonder Girl. Which really puts her at a disadvantage because of her feelings for Conner. Kid Crusader has Kid Devil. Apparently he's trying to banish the devil form from him so that he won't become a warrior for Satan. It appears that he's successful, but now he has to kill him. Risk has Vic in pieces. Literally. He's not really upset at Vic, but he has anger inside, so he's aiming it at him. Miss Martian is being held captive by Inertia and Sungirl. They're torturing her. They're both from the future, so they've had practice at it, because according to them M'gann M'orzz is their slave then. And Robin is fighting Batgirl. But while Batgirl is using her strength and talent, Robin is using his brains and finesse. He developed an antidote to Slades formula, just in case Ravager started using it again and turned on them, so now he uses it on Cassandra. Oh and I forgot, Raven is with the Joker's and Riddler's daughters. I can't remember what their working names are. But they're trying to break down her psyche. The final page is Cassandra becoming coherent, after Tim gives her the formula, and she can remember all the horrible things that Slade and his formula has made her do. " . . . I remember it all now, Robin . . . and I'm going to kill Deathstroke for it!"I think that Slade's downfall is going to come from multiple fronts. First he'll have Cassandra to deal with. Which is like a force of nature. Then Risk who, I think, is going to switch. It just doesn't seem like his hearts in it. And finally, his obsession with Ravager and Joey will be his undoing. That's just my thoughts, but obviously he's not going to win. There may be some things changed after all this. Slade may get some moral victories. But he won't be able to reach his ultimate goal, of taking down the Titans. But, I do really like the way this story-arc is playing out. Geoff Johns has done a superb job with these scripts, and I really think Tony S.Daniel is going to be the new Titan artist to beat. Great job guys! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment