Sunday, April 29, 2007

X-Factor #17 - Marvel


I really like the characters in this book. So much so, that I'll overlook the fact that they've had about as many artists as they have issues. Seriously! Well, maybe not quite that bad, but they've had a lot. Jamie's gone to Detroit after another of his dupes. This one considers himself the world's greatest detective. When he isn't laying at the bottom of a bottle that is. He claims the knowledge is what led him to drinking. "I know about Uber. I even know the true source of your powers. When you absorb my knowledge, you'll know, too. But I don't want to do that to you. Because I love you so much, the thought of you knowing what I know . . . I swear to you . . . I thought about killing myself so you'd never find out." So, he's been working a case on a dirty Seargent in the DCPD. He can't touch him, he's to well insulated, so he waits for him to walk out of the station, and then shoots him in the head. The return gunfire kills him. Then Layla calls. She wants Jamie to come home because something's about to happen. In the beginning of this book, a govt. official was attacked by a toy. It had a note that said," We want our powers back, X-Cell". That group is led by Elijah Cross. They had him surrounded but Rictor and Rahne thought that it was a kid being mugged, so they came running to the rescue. And in the confusion, of course, Elijah escaped. So, since X-factor foiled their bust, Val Cooper is holding them responsible finding him and shutting down the X-Cell. " . . . since we believe they're hiding in mutant town . . . you're going to help us. Or else!" But, while Jaime and Val are talking, Elijah has found Pietro and is asking him for help. What really makes this book is the strength of it's characters. There are some great one's here. And personally, I think Peter David does much better at team books than he does solo ones. I won't even comment on the artist because chances are he won't even be here next issue anyways. But I really do like this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment