Sunday, April 29, 2007

Batman Confidential #4 - DC


I like this book. This story is kind of a "root for the bad-guy" story. At least that's how I feel so far. Lex is up to his usual a-hole stuff again. We don't really know why. But you gotta' salute his cahones for the way he bamboozled the government. But, I don't think that's what he was really after. Which, is the way it always is with Lex. If you think you know what he's up to, then it's safe money that that's not what his real intentions are. Because he has them masked under so many layers of subterfuge and false leads, that nothing is ever as it appears. He also seems to have a serious hard on for our hero. With Superman, Lex usually plays from the background, trying to undermine his image or appeal. Basically he doesn't think he should be everyone's hero. But with Batman, he just attacks him straight on. He sends a tracer back with Batman, on his Batplane. It's shaped like a Bat, and once back in the cave, it starts going after other things to. Luckily though, it didn't mess up to much stuff, and Alfred ends up squashing it like a bug. I'm just wondering, how much information actually got sent back to Lex though. And, since Lex now has an army full of very lethal robots, what's Bruce going to do if he decides to bring them to bear against him? This could prove to be very interesting. I crack up every time I say that, because I used to love Laugh-In when I was growing up. Arte Johnson I think was his name. But isn't that what Shultz used to say on Hogan's Heros too? Anyways, I digress. At the end of this book, Lex takes over the whole country and puts it under Marshall Law. Maybe next issue we'll find out what he's really up to. Great story by Andy Diggle. He really seems to thrive on this military type theme. And I love the artwork of Wilce Portacio. Pick it up, if you haven't been.

No comments:

Post a Comment