Saturday, April 28, 2007

Ghost Rider #9 - Marvel


This is such a cool book. Lucifer has taken over the body of the recently deceased Jack-O-Lantern. And for the sheer irony of it, has decided to terrorize the town of Sleepy Hollow Illinois. The problem that the Ghost Rider is having, is that all accounts and eye-witness' can only describe the assailant as a man with a flaming head. Well . . . I wonder who that sounds like? So Johnny is just catching all kinds of grief from the town Sheriff. And Lucifer is just having a blast. He's loving Jack's weapons and gadgetry. He doesn't really need it. But, he's having fun playing with it. "I love this town! I mean . . "Sleepy Hollow". . . how perfect is that? And it's the best time of year, too . . . Halloween." Lucifer says this as he's standing in a grave yard. He then asks, "I . . am going trick or treating. Who wants to go with me?" And about 20 arms come popping up out of the ground all over the grave yard. First of all Daniel Way is doing a fantastic job with this story line. The real test though will come when Johnny gets down to the last couple of Lucifer's 666 vestiges. I really want to see how Johnny is going to defeat him. Then Javier Saltares and Mark Texeira work so well together. I'm a fan of both artists. But I have to say that their work together is much better than either of their works separately. Maybe I'm stretching it a bit, but I really like their work on this book. It's beautiful. Which is kind of ironic, considering the story-line. Keep up the good work, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment