Sunday, April 01, 2007

Action Comics #846 - DC


This is another book that continues to surprise me. I've always been a big Superman fan. And I've always liked Action Comics. But, over the last couple of years it seems like every time they change the creative team, it just gets better. This time I think Geoff Johns and Richard Donner are just doing a brilliant job with the story. And of course I can't say enough about Adam Kubert's pencils. They're perfect for this book. The villains from the Phantom Zone have gone to the Fortress to try to find out some more about Kal-El. They already know quite a bit as they've been watching him from inside the Zone. But now they're interested in what his father has told him about them. Of course they don't like his interpretation. Anyways, back in Metropolis, Clark and Lois have decided to adopt the wayward alien boy. But, unbeknownst to them, he is actually Zod and Ursa's son. But they find that out this issue when they come to Metropolis to retrieve him. Superman's not happy about this and he and Zod literally tear things up. But the issue ends with Zod sending Superman in to the Phantom Zone. This was a great issue. I can't wait to get the next one, and I really want to know how they're going to wrap this up with Zod and with the kid. Actually Lois & Clark are calling him Christopher now.

No comments:

Post a Comment