Friday, April 20, 2007

Welcome to Tranquility #4 - Wildstorm


Ok, it appears that the key to solving Mr. Articulate's murder, lies with the reporter's murder. Apparently the reporter was on to something, and took a book from Mr. A's library. Which is why the reporter was killed. So now the Sheriff has to find the other reporter, and the cameraman, because they may be the key to finding the killer. But, it looks like the killer may have gotten to the cameraman already. That's the big story in this issue. The other story is about Leona, or Ajita as her teammates call her. Last issue she tried to commit suicide, but luckily the Sheriff found her in time. Now they have her in the hospital under observation, trying to figure out why. They do know that she's pregnant. Her mom is trying to berate her way in to the room to see her. Mostly so she can yell at her. And her teammates, at the end of this issue, have blown a hole in the side of the hospital so that they can see her. I think one of the teen heroes puts it best when they say "I thought I hated this town's innocence, and now . . . I feel like the innocence is never going to come back." Oh, and the Sheriff finally does get it out of Emoticon that he was paid to be in the diner to create a distraction. Which makes him an accessory. So it's all starting to come together for her. This is a great series. I don't think I've ever really seen anything like this before. Fantastic stories by Gail Simone, and great art by Neil Googe. If you read last issues blog, I think I really explained why I like this guy so much. Anyways, I definitely recommend this series. It's Fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment