Saturday, March 24, 2007

Welcome to Tranquility #3 - Wildstorm


As I'm getting more and more in to this book, I'm really starting to dig it's moody style. I still feel that it's a lot like Eureka, the show on the Sci-fi channel. But, it's got it's own unique thing going on too. Gail Simone really seems to be digging in to the story, and the characters. Each issue seems more detailed and involved than the previous. And Neil Googe, the artist, is going to end up being a major talent. And this is why I say that, remember when Todd McFarlane first came on the scene with Infinity Inc.? He tried to keep everything, artistically, normal and the way people viewed comics. But, the longer he was on that series, the more he started to open up and try new stuff. All of the sudden the capes started getting bigger, and the panels were arranged differently, and Todd, I feel, really started coming in to his own by the time he left that series. Well, that's how I feel with Neil now. It seems like the more issue he does, the more he adds new things to his style. I really think that when he gets comfortable with what he wants to do, and how he does it, and how it interacts with and will enhance this story, that he's going to be an incredible talent and people will really start taking notice of him. So yes, I'm saying it here, I think he's going to be the next Todd McFarlane. Artistically wise. Anyways, the stories great. We're meeting more and more people every issue. And new plot, and subplot, lines are being introduced every issue. This book is already good, but I think it's going to be great. So . . . get it while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment