Sunday, March 11, 2007

Batman and the Mad Monk #6 - DC


Ok, we finally wrap up this story. Don't get me wrong. I'm a big Batman fan. And I'm a big Matt Wagner fan. But, that being said, I feel that this series dragged out way to long. It really could've been wrapped up in 3 issues. There was some serious stretching in the middle, to make it last all six. And, I feel, that it diminished the story by making it long winded and boring, in parts. Overall, I liked the story, but, there was a lot of fat that could've been cut out of it. I don't really like the way the Mad Monk was defeated. It leaves more questions than it answered. But, I guess, that was probably the point of it. And, from what I understand, this series will roll over in to the next one that Matt has planned. Just like the last one rolled over in to this one. I mean, it's nice seeing Batman in the beginning of his career. Back when he was less sure of himself. And trying new things. Having to think on his feet more. And Matt's style of art is perfect for the genre. I just hope the next one has a little more substance, and a little less fluff. But that's just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment