Saturday, March 24, 2007

Gen13 #5 - Wildstorm


Gail Simone is doing a fantastic job with these characters. She gives each character in her stories such a unique personality. Like in the beginning when we see Dr. Cross' sex starved assistant, Megan, try to make a move on him while he sleeping. To which, Dr. Cross freaks out, " . . . you think I want that . . . that filthy thing . . those! Those filthy things on me? You touched me! You'll ruin me. You'll ruin my purity!" Kind of a weird reaction from someone of such great power and stature. Someone who's not afraid to walk on whomever he has to, to get whatever he wants in life. Well she's done the same for our heroes also. Each one has a very unique personality. The way they each react to things, and handle things is very unique from each to the next. We also have this guy, a reverend, this issue who claims to be Roxy's father. Apparently he was approached by Dr. Cross or Patel about creating angels. These were the Gen11 subjects. The one's our group fought last issue. Well except for Grunge almost hooking up with the girl. Anyways, that's when they captured Grunge. So they have him back at Tabula Rasa, the our group wants to get him out. So the reverend lets them use the teleporter that they gave him, and they drive a mini-van through it. But the Ratkiller that they confront says he's already gone. I really like Gail Simone's writing. I think she's doing a great job, especially how thin they're spreading her. I think she's up to 6 or 7 titles a month now. But she still seems to be holding her own. And Talent Caldwell's pencils are perfect on this series also. But, I think we're going to be switching artists here pretty soon. But so far it's been a great run.

No comments:

Post a Comment