Saturday, March 24, 2007

Justice Society of America #3 - DC



I get the feeling that we're heading in an Infinity Inc. kind of path here. I mean we're putting together a new JSA here, with some old and new members. But it seems like every issue we're meeting 1 or 2 kids of the original members. And even though there's other stuff going on, it seems like the story is really revolving around them. And, isn't that what Infinity Inc. was all about. Siblings of the JSA members, or of the All Star Squadron? It looks like this issue, we're going to get a new Steel. This time it will be Nathan Heywood, former Ohio State football quarterback. We were also introduced to Tommy last issue, Wildcats son. He seemed pretty normal, but, when confronted by Vandal Savage, at the end of this issue, we find out that he is not. Also, I have a feeling that, if anything happens to Pat Dugan, his son Mike will probably end up being the new STRIPE. And I'm sure there's more to come. Oh, I forgot about Ma Hunkle's daughter, or niece or whatever, being the new Cyclone. They're supposed to be selecting members, and doing recruiting and interviews, but it looks like this team is going to come together out of necessity and blind luck. We find out this issue that Vandal Savage is behind all the slaughtering that's been going on. He's the one that's sicked the Fourth Reich on the families of the members. However, " . . those Nazi's are following my orders. They're executing the families of the scabs of the Justice Society. But the families of the original members . . . those are mine to extinguish." But, as I said earlier, it looks like Wildcat's son, Tommy, is going to put up one hell of a fight. So far I think we have a great start to this series. I'm just kinda' wondering where we're going with all this old and new blood mixing. I mean it's great to have all these old guys around as mentors, but I can't see them mixing to well with their various styles and experience, in to a really cohesive unit. But, I guess, we'll just have to wait to see where their headed. Like I said, though, so far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment