Sunday, March 25, 2007

Birds of Prey #103 - DC


I really like this book. I have since it's inception. But right now it seems like there's just to many players on the team. I know that Canary was a huge part of this, but do we really need Barda, Gypsy, Manhunter, JudoMaster and Misfit to replace her? And now we have Katarina Armstrong, aka Spysmasher, wanting to personally take down everything that Barbara has built. For some reason they seem to have this unspoken grudge that goes back to their teenage years. Anyways, Barbara thought Manhunter was helping them out, but actually she was using them for the DEO, and her boss Bones. Also they're in Mexico trying to rescue a mob bosses daughter, who has been kidnapped. But, once rescued, it looks like the whole thing was some scheme of hers to kill her father and take over his mob empire. So at the end of this issue, Babs gives in to Katarina's demands. "I'm giving you one way out. Call in your agents. You may keep your toys and continue your operation, but from now on, what you do? You do it for me." Is this the end? Or just a new direction for the Birds? Next issue they take on the Secret Six. And I still think that Misfit has some major role in all this shake up that's about to happen. I don't think she's as naive or innocent as she looks or acts.

No comments:

Post a Comment