Saturday, March 10, 2007

Strangers in Paradise #87 - Abstract Studio


Wow!! This was a sad book. I actually had watery eyes through most of it. I know! It's just a book. But I've been with these characters for a long time. I don't want to say they're like family, but, they're like really close friends. I guess. Anyways, you know David died last issue. Well this issue wraps up the rest of his story. All his friends and classmates and everyone else is told what happened. And all the usual suspects are brought together for the reading of the will. Katchoo, Francine, Mary Beth and Casey are all there. Freddie's actually the executor of his will. Irony there, huh? Anyways, besides reading his will, David's composed a letter for each of them that Freddie has to also read. Besides being some of the saddest letters I've ever read, there are some revelations in them, especially Mary Beth's and Casey's, that Katchoo didn't know about. So now, besides being overwrought with sadness and despair, she's also feeling betrayed and very, very angry. I don't think he had any malicious intentions with what he wrote, I think he just wanted to be honest with everyone and get everything out in the open. Kind of like striking the pain, with a ball pean hammer and hot spiked nails, to get past it and let the healing begin. At least I think that's what his intentions were. But what he really hoped to accomplish was to bring Katchoo and Francine back together again. Although we don't find out this issue if that'll work or not. Only 3 issues to go. I am really going to miss this one. Terry Moore's stories, with these characters, are beyond explanation. They are just beautiful, and breathtaking and sheer perfection. I don't know what he's planning on doing after this, but I can't wait to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment