Saturday, March 17, 2007

Spider-man : Reign #3 - Marvel


Now don't get me wrong, I like this book. But it so much puts me in mind of the Dark Knight, that I can't get past thinking about it. That's not necessarily a bad comparison, but, it does distract me from the story. That and the fact that, does anyone else think, the reporter on the news looks like an older Jimmy Olsen? Anyways this issue we find out that Venom was behind the whole thing, the launch of the Webb System. Actually J.Jonah Jameson figures it out. When he goes up in the tower, he confronts Mayor Waters, and Edward Saks. First by stabbing Mayor Waters, who doesn't turn out to be who he thought he was. And then by stabbing Edward, who oozes out the black slime, rather than blood. It seems that Edward Saks, is actually Eddie Brock. But there's not much of Eddie left. It seems that Venom has all but swallowed him whole. So now that he's been exposed, Venom attacks the city. And it's a wholesale slaughter. The only thing that even comes close to stopping him is the kids in the church when they start ringing the bell. Sonics! Remember? So that's how it looks like they're going to have to bring him down. And it looks to me like Peter has only just begun to fight. With the help of Doc Ock of course. I'll let you know next issue how they wrap this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment