Saturday, March 24, 2007

JLA : Classified #34 - DC


"Look up "loser" in the dictionary and you'd find my picture. Darrin Profitt. But thanks to the Materioptikon falling in to my lap, I have become the Red King. I ran infinite versions of myself through infinite probabilities until I was left with the three that gave me the best chance to make the world mine. This is the second." I don't usually like to start these out with quotes, but that's how the book started, and really it wraps up the whole story so far. Last issue we saw a world in which Darrin, the Red King, worked with the JLA, even though he wants to take over the world. And he was fairly successful in his endeavors. Not the dominating part, but the surviving part. This issue we see the second, in which he decides he's going to make the master play, build a bomb that can destroy the earth, and hold it's governments and countries hostage. However, dumb luck comes in, and his bomb detonates by accident, setting up the chain reaction. Thus forcing the JLA to terraform Mars and move everyone from here, to it. Meanwhile Batman confronts Darrin in his subterranean lair, and basically ties him to the earth that he's destroying to enact justice. But that means the Batman's going down too. And the issue ends with the earth armada heading towards Mars. Guess this version didn't work out like he had planned. So next issue we see his final try, which I really don't think is going to work out any better than this one. But, we'll see. So far it's a cool story, with some neat ideas. I'm just interested to see how they wrap it all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment