Saturday, March 17, 2007

Phoenix - War Song #5 - Marvel


Well, this wraps up the Phoenix storyline. But, to me, it's all a little hooky. I mean, I get the idea of the Phoenix wanting to take over the Cuckoos. And I get the idea, that by splitting the force between all of them, especially the 1000 or so at The World, that it diminishes it's power and dilutes it. But, the part that gets me is the way that Celeste beats them all. And now Phoebe and Mindee are back alive? And Celeste has, " . . . split the Phoenix in 3. Frozen in each of our hearts. Our hearts are diamond now, permanently. We'll never feel anything ever again. But the Phoenix will never escape." I mean, sure she had the Phoenix power and with that power she could probably accomplish this. But, why would the Phoenix let her? I mean if you knew that your host was planning on permanently disabling you, why would you let her? Personally, and obviously, I don't think this story is done. I mean, how can it? And now the girls are going back to the school, as emotionless . . . . . little monsters. Really. And after seeing all the girls, that Emma was actually, sort of, the mother of, go up in flames, now she's vowed her eternal vengeance upon the Phoenix, or Jean Grey, or whomever she has to. So I see another part of this story coming up before to long. But isn't that the way is always is with the X-men? Answer 1 question and create 3 more. Anyways, this was a very cool mini-series. It'll be interesting to see where we go from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment