Saturday, March 10, 2007

Blue Beetle #11 - DC


There's a new regular artist on the book with this issue. It's Rafael Albuquerque. Yeah, like the city. He's new, but he's 100% better than the art in the last 10 issues. Sorry to say it, but the last guy just weren't my cup of tea. And we also, obviously, have Metron of the New Gods with us this issue. Well Lonar is here too. But everybody knows Metron. And, I have to admit, the story is getting decidedly better also. Metron knows how the armor works, and who made it. He also made reference to "change is coming". That seems to be a theme across all the DC books right now. Anyways, I can't wait to see more of the Beetle Squad in action, in upcoming issues. We've seen bits and pieces of them the last couple of issues. This issue they're helping LaDama. It's taken 11 issues, but I finally know who the characters are. Yay! Well, by the end of this issue, they're supposedly heading back home. And of course they didn't get any real answers from Metron. Did you think they would? I'm digging this book more and more. But my estimation is that it'll be lucky to last to issue #30. Sorry, but I don't see a long run here. I don't mind being proven wrong though.

No comments:

Post a Comment