Thursday, March 08, 2007

Heroes for Hire #6 - Marvel


I still like this book, but it's starting to get boring for me. It started off with a bang, but then it's slowly gotten less interesting. Just 5 issues later, and now Tucci is doing nothing but the covers. That probably won't last much longer. I want to like this book, I really do. I think Misty and Coleen are hot. And of course the Black Cat is. But, unfortunately, I don't know if that enough to carry the book. And the new artists, this time Al Rio, definitely don't draw them as hot as Tucci did. I thought this was going to be one of those bad girl comics, but I guess not. Right now, actually, I think it's kind of struggling to find it's identity. Is it a team book? Yes. Is it a bad girl book? Sort of yes, sort of no. Is it like the Exiles, where it can change at any time? New members in, old members out. We'll see. Are they super-heroes, or just super-opportunists? I . . . . can't call it. All I know is, I couldn't wait to read the first couple of issue, and this one I almost fell asleep during. Not really what I want to spend my hard earned money on. I'll give it a couple more issues, and then we'll see what we see.

No comments:

Post a Comment