Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sensational Spiderman #35 - Marvel


First of all, Spider-man looks fantastic in his new costume. Since it's inception, back in Web of Spider-man, during the whole Secret War thing, this costume has been my favorite. I'm as nostalgic as the next guy, but the red & blue one was major old school. And Angel Medina is back on pencils this issue, which is fan-freakin'-tastic. It appears that someone is trying to make knock-offs of Spider-man. But they're really cheap imitations at best. I don't know if this person is just trying to mess with Peter's head, or if they're just trying to perfect the process. But 2 meet fatal ends in this issue, and the culprit is out fishing for the third. And Spider-man is no closer to figuring out what's going on. But he does have Reed working on the first victim at the hospital. And the blanket the guy was wrapped in has some kind of fluid or something all over it. So he's asked Dr. Conners to analyze that. This is easily one of my favorite Spidey books. Well . . . except for Ultimate. That's by far my favorite. But this is second. I really like Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa's stories, and as I said Angel Medina is one of my favorite artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment