Monday, March 12, 2007

Mystery in Space #6 - DC


Ron Lim fills in for Shane Davis on pencils this issue. Actually he does a really spectacular job. I've been a fan of Ron's for a while, but I kinda' got burnt out on him for a while there also. Over saturation I guess. Anyways, I thought he did a great job with this issue. But, as I've said before, I truly think that an inker can make or break an artist. I think that Rob Hunter, the inker on this issue, really accentuated Ron's work with his inking prowess. So, props to both of 'em. Comet's got a lot of mysteries going on here. He's got the mystery of the Church. The mystery of the Corporation, and it's relationship to the Church. The mystery of his reincarnations. The mystery of his new enhanced powers, and this teleporting thing. The mystery of his clones, that are being used as psychic assassins for the Church. Who sent the insect assassins after him. And how's he going to get out of this whole mess. Well we aren't going to get those answers this issues, but I can tell you that he is directly tied to the Weird, who is also a clone of Comet's . And the Weird is coming closer and closer to coming face to face with him. Jim Starlin is truly a master of his craft. And he proves it with every issue of this series. I really hope this all goes someplace after this series is wrapped up. I'd hate to see Comet's character get shelved again. And, I was kinda' hoping we'd see some more of Jim's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment