Sunday, March 25, 2007

Ex Machina - Inside the Machine - Wildstorm


I picked this up, not knowing what it really was, but I thought " . . what the hey? I really like this book, so . . ". And I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. Basically, it's a . . . "documentary", if you will, of how the book is made. Also it allows for Brian K Vaughhan and Tony Harris to speak on how they feel about working on this book. From what I gather . . . both men love it. And it shows, in their work. I mean this has never been just another super-hero type book. It's always been a book with a lot of thought out stories and ideas, and meaning. Actually, I think, this book is a lot more political than I originally anticipated. I mean, right off the bat were dealing with the mayor of New York's, and really the whole United States, premier city. So, I don't know, maybe I expected something like Spin City or something. But what I got, was so much more, and so much better. It takes some thought to read this book. You can't just skim through it every month and assume that you're going to pick up on everything. Because you won't. You have to get acquainted with this book, and acquainted with the characters. But once you do, you'll never regret it. We get to see the first 6 pages of issue #23 from writers notes to finish. Which is really pretty cool. And then they showed how Tony Harris gets his cover ideas, and what they look like from initial concept to idea. It was just a really cool book, and definitely worth the effort. Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment