Sunday, March 07, 2010

X-Men - Hope #1 - Marvel

I really feel kind of cheated by this one. I mean . . I understand that there's this whole Second Coming story-line getting ready to start. And Hope, if not the key player, is an integral part of it. But, this issue is nothing more than the back-up stories by Duane Swierczynski and Steve Dillon that ran through the last few issues of the X-Men. I've already bought all the X-Men books, so . . I didn't really need this one. I was hoping it would be an origin issue of sorts. But no . . it's entirely reprinted material. I also already picked up the Second Coming teaser book that came out last week. So . . why do we have to have yet another prequel? Marvel and DC both seem to be doing the same thing with their pricing. A normal book is $2.99. A mini-series, or book with extra pages . . as in a back-up story, goes for $3.99. So essentially, your paying $1 for the back-up story . . the extra 8 pages of art. I already paid the extra $1 four times for this story. Now with this issue . . I've paid $7 all together for this story. Like I said . . I feel like I've been ripped off. I know. I should've looked at it after I picked it up. And it's certainly my decision on how I spend my money. But . . this thing just left a bad taste in my mouth. It just seems shady. I guess they need the money more than I do, so . . whatever!

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree more -- I gave it the thumbs down myself...

    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44321#6

    OD

    ReplyDelete