Sunday, March 07, 2010

Batman Confidential #42 - DC

We don't get a whole lot more information about this creature that's preying on people in Gotham this issue, but . . we do get more of a look into Batman and his unique partner's relationship . . the blind social-worker, Callie. Batman does find out that all of the victims have lost someone in their lives due to the actions of a person with a gun. And he knows that Callie lost her mother much in the same way that he himself lost his parents. However, he hasn't confided in her that similarity in their relationship. He also starts to wonder if the perpetrators of crimes can be distinguished by the smell of the gunpowder in their weapons. Callie claims that she can smell the difference. Or . . more specifically, that she can smell the specific type that was used to kill her mother. And she smells it on this creature. Anyways, we get a little insight into both of their lives and struggles. And we see that they've both come to rely on each other, even though their natural instinct is to push the other away. It's a see-saw relationship. The issue ends with Batman confronting the beast once again, and thinking about that tragic night with his parents. As much as I'm enjoying this story, what's really got me excited is Sam Keith's art. He's doing a great job on the scripts also, but . . he's really outdoing himself with some of the frames in this book. I wonder if there's a way to take a panel and have somebody blow it up into a poster for you. I'm sure there is, but . . I'm sure it's expensive too. If I ever did find an inexpensive way to do it, I'd never have to paint my house again. Every wall would be covered with panels from my favorite comics and artists. That would make my wife happy. Huh? Anyways, I'm really enjoying this story-arc. Sam is a master, and he's perfect on Batman. Are you reading it?

No comments:

Post a Comment