Sunday, March 21, 2010

Vengeance of the Moon Knight #6 - Marvel

I have to admit, I'm liking this title more and more with every issue. I was a little skeptical at first. They seemed to be forcing Marc . . er, I mean Jake, into a direction that he probably wouldn't go normally. It didn't' seem like the natural chain of events. But . . he seems to be adjusting to his new role, and he even holds himself back from actually killing Bushman this issue. I really didn't see that one coming. Jake leaves him to be arrested by the authorities, and put in what I assume is an insane asylum. Even though Khonshu's presence seems to be harder and harder for him to ignore. He's basically ordering Jake to become the killer that he once was. However, by the end of the issue is seems as though Khonshu may have a new servant. I'm sure we'll get more on that in the next storyline. So far I'm impressed by Gregg Hurwitz' story here. Jake seemed to be a new man, but . . you could still see glimpses of his old self. I really expected him to fall back into his old form. It would've been so much easier for him. But . . he prevailed. And with his supporting cast back around him . . encouraging him . . for the first time in quite a while . . it seems as if Jake may have the strength of character to remain on this new path. But . . I'm sure he'll be tested. That seems to be one of the constants of this character. However, with Bushman now back alive and in jail . . and, since Jake had a chance to kill him but didn't . . hopefully he'll be able to put a lot of his regret and self-doubt behind him. Which, to me, seems to be where Khonshu found the strength to control him. Overall, I thought it was a great issue. And . . Jerome Opena's art get better and better with every issue. I thought there were some fantastic panels throughout this issue. It looks like we'll be starting a new storyline next issue, so . . now's the time to get on board. If you're thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment