Sunday, March 14, 2010

Red Robin #10 - DC

This issue is the second part of this story. But . . luckily . . it doesn't end here. Unfortunately, it doesn't cross back over with Batgirl. The rest of this story takes place between now and issue #12 . . which will be the conclusion to Collision. That's where Tim faces his final battle with Ra's. But the good new is . . with issue #13, Fabian Nicieza takes over on the scripting chores. Nothing against Chris Yost. I think he's doing a fine job here. But . . I'm a big fan of Fabian's. So I can't wait until he comes on board. Anyways . . back to this issue . . I think that Marcus To is doing a good job with the pencils. From what I understand he's a relative newcomer, but . . I think he's progressing nicely with this book . . and Tim's character. So . . Ra's is in Gotham now, and he's mobilizing his League of Assassins against Tim, and everyone dear to him. In Batgirl he went after Leslie. This issue starts with Stephanie face to face with Prudence. And I have to say . . she kicks her ass. Tim's impressed. The problem is . . all of this . . the attack on Leslie's clinic, and Pru's arrival . . is all a ruse. It appears that Ra's real target is Bruce Wayne . . er, Thomas Elliott. Ra's knows who he is and I think he wants to use him to try to bring down the Wayne empire. Prudence claims that she's here to help, but . . after Leslie's clinic is blown-up, that alliance will be tested because the 3 of them come face to face with about 10 of Ra's assassins. I guess it speaks of his respect for them that he sent so many of his warriors after these 2 vigilantes. I don't know if he took into account that Prudence would be there. It'll be interesting to see if she stays true to her word. I think Tim is starting to put the pieces together though. He knows that he needs to get to Hush. And seems pretty adamant about getting to Lucius. And . . as if Tim doesn't have enough to worry about, Vicki Vale is also in Gotham doing some digging into our young mister Drake . . er, Wayne. She's not liking the answers that she's getting, so . . I think her tenacity will prove to be a thorn in Tim's side. I know some people aren't happy with Tim assuming the Red Robin costume, but . . Tim is the star of this book. Regardless of whatever costume he's wearing. And I'm getting into this title as much as I did the previous one. Thanks to all involved. I really enjoy this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment