Sunday, March 21, 2010

Echo #20 - Abstract Studio

Well . . that's not cool! When I picked up this issue of Echo my comic-shop guy told me that he was only ordering 1 issue now. I guess I felt lucky since I got it. But now, I just noticed . . I never got issue #19. Apparently he only ordered 1 of those also. And I didn't get that one. That stinks! I don't blame him. He's just ordering according to his customer's demands. But I guess there's more than 1 person in the shop that follows this book. When I read it, it did feel like I had missed something. But I wasn't sure what it was. Anyways, I'll go through this book to the best of my ability, and then I guess I'll have to do #19 whenever he gets me another copy. So . . Julie is noticing that the more of the alloy she collects on herself, the easier it is for her to tune in to Annie's thoughts. This issue starts with Julie and Dillon sleeping together, but . . Annie is in the driver's seat. Later, when Ivy is taking Julie back to the town where HeNri is located, they're attacked by that guy who tried to develop the proton gun to use against Julie, and the alloy . . Liu. You know . . the guy that got half his face blown off. Somehow Liu's been able to stay alive, and whatever happened in that explosion has changed him . . for the worse. And Jack returns home to find that Ethan is leaving him. He feels neglected and unloved, so he's dissolving their relationship. The problem is . . Ethan knows to much. I guessing, to much about HeNri and too much about the things that Jack does. So as he and his friend Todd, who came over to help him move . . as they're leaving . . Jack shoots them both in the head. I don't think he really wanted to do it, but . . in the business he's in, he knew he didn't really have a choice. But it doesn't make him feel any better about it. He's actually crying. He calls up his cleaner, who's finishing another job for him, and says . .'I have something else for you. I need cleanup. Tonight. I'm sure you checked me out. You know my home address? Okay. Clean up inside . . then burn it to the ground.' Sorry if that all seems a little discombobulated. Unfortunately, I have to wait for that other issue to catch up on what's going on here. However, I still thought it was a good book. I love Terry Moore's scripts. He's another one of those writers that just naturally has character development going on at all times. And, for anyone interested . . there's 3 TPB's out for this book now. I highly recommend them. I think this is a great book. I look forward to it every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment