Sunday, March 21, 2010

Green Arrow #31 - DC

I gotta say . . I like Ollie with this little bit of a harder edge to him. I'm not saying that I necessarily agree with him killing Prometheus, but . . we have yet to see if that's really going to 'stick' or not. Actually, the only thing I don't like about his little crusade here is the way he's shutting Dinah out. She's never really agreed with his politics, but . . you'd think she's have a little more compassion or understanding for what he's going through. Obviously she doesn't think that he did the right thing, but she could at least sit down and talk to him and listen to what's going through his head. As much as he's upset about what's happened to Star City, I really think he's only using that as an excuse. What he's really upset about is Lian and Roy. He's upset that he wasn't there when Lian was crushed, and with Roy there's nothing he can do but wait. He has to wait for him to pull himself out of this. And the one person he does have on his side, Mia . . well I'm sure she blames herself just as much for what happened to Lian as Ollie. So at the end of this issue when they capture the Electocutioner, and Mia asks for Ollie to let her kill him . . I think she really means it. This girl's had a pretty tough life. And now she has the means, and the excuse, to even the tables a little bit . . to enact a bit of retribution. The question is . . is Ollie going to let her go down the same path he's traveling? I'm betting . . no! Even though he's crossed the line . . I think he still knows not only right and wrong, but that it's not to late for Mia to make her own choice . . a better choice. I think this is already shaping up to be a fantastic story-line. JT Krul did a great job with this issue. He really brought out a lot of Ollie's emotions and frustration. And I thought Federico Dallocchio did a superb job with the art. And lets not forget Mauro Cascioli and Mike Mayhew's covers. This is one that you just can't miss. If you haven't already bought it . . get out there and find a copy. You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment