Sunday, March 14, 2010

X-Men Forever #19 - Marvel

Ok . . I finally figured out a way to get some better pictures of the Marvel Comics. Sometimes I'm a little slow on the uptake, but . . eventually I get there. Anyways, I enjoyed this book. It wasn't my favorite, but . . that may be because I enjoyed previous Dark X-Men comic so much that this one kind of pales in comparison. But . . it was still ok. As you can see from the cover, Nick has decided to go after the Consortium. I don't think it's so much because of what they did to the X-Men, as the infiltration within his own ranks. I think that's got his dander up. Anyways . . he takes Remy, Creed and Daisy in with him. Right now . . they're the only ones he can trust. All of this happens right as Scott has returned from Alaska. He too has decided to go after the Consortium to help keep his family safe. Nick just beat him to the punch. Anyways, they get in . . the X-Men establish contact as soon as the figure out where they're at, and they all discover that Fabian Cortez is still alive. He begs Nick, and the X-Men to get him out of there. They've been experimenting on him ever since he joins. His offer? 'I accelerate other mutant's powers . . I cause Burnout. Maybe my powers can cure it too.' But they don't have long to choose as they quickly find themselves surrounded by Consortium agents. We also find out that not only has Rogue absorbed Kurt's powers . . and looks. But Kurt has also gained Rogue's. He can now absorb other's powers. Except for Rogue. They seem to be immune to each other. Hank, Charles and Jean are now all trying to find a way to fix things. Like I said, it was a decent issue by Chris Claremont and Graham Nolan. To me, it just wasn't all that exciting. It did move the story along, but . . that was about it. However, there is other news with this series. As you probably already know, there's also going to be an X-Factor Forever series coming out next week. And in June this series moves into chapter 2. I'm guessing there will be 24 issues in this chapter, and then we'll start the next. June is also when the first issue came out, so . . it fits. Now don't get me wrong. Even though I wasn't particularly happy with this issue, I still enjoy this series immensely. I love these alternate universe stories. To me that's the problem with the more established characters. There's so much history and continuity involved that a lot of times things can't be done to far outside of the box. Which is where these stories come in. We get to see all the various possibilities. And . . some we hadn't even thought of. Cool stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment