Saturday, January 24, 2009

X-Men: World's Apart #3 - Marvel


First I want to say that besides the $3.99 price point, I'm really enjoying this series. Ororo has always been one of my favorite X-Men. And now, with this whole cross-0ver with Wakanda and the Black Panther . . yes I know she's his wife and all now . . anyways, there's a lot more depth to her character now. She's given herself body & soul to her husband. Now the question arises, what's she willing to do . . or not do . . to save him from the Shadow King. And why am I starting to get the feeling that this story is more about Nezhno's growth than necessarily her own? I do have one question though . . if someone were truly as powerful as the Shadow King, how could anybody even hope to be able to stop him. I know there's other psychics out there, but . . the Shadow King exists entirely upon the psychic plane. So it's reasonable to assume that he thinks and plans at the speed of thought. Not at the speed that we read, or that we listen, but actually at the speed of thought. Which is incredibly fast. So . . with all the time he has to plan out his actions, and the speed at which he can study those plans, you would think that he would analyze everything from every different angle. He has the time and the abilities after all. Despite his strength, this alone would make him virtually unstoppable. My point is, as much as I'm enjoying this story, I'm having a hard time buying that Ororo is actually beating this guy the way she is. It just doesn't seem feasible to me . . . or realistic. Well . . as realistic as a comic gets. But I am liking the story. I also like that the Shadow King is striking on 2 fronts as he has also taken over Cyclops. He's sent him back to San Francisco to kill the X-Men. I think it's fortuitous that the first one he meets is Emma. Other than that little analysis, I think Christopher Yost is doing a pretty decent job with this story. It's definitely kept my interest. I'm also really enjoying the artwork of Diogenes Neves. I think he's doing a great job. I can't wait to see how this one ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment