Saturday, January 24, 2009

Fantastic Four #562 - Marvel


This is another incredible Mark Millar book. That's 3 so far today . . counting Kick-Ass! This must be my lucky day. I should go out and play the lottery. Anyways, after last issues ending . . where Doom fried the future Susan . . they've decided to hold a full super-hero funeral for her in Brooklyn. It's amazing how many people showed up. I know they're the Fantastic Four and all of that, but . . this was the future Susan . . not the current one. But . . I guess . . it is still her. And since there is one present they all want to show how much she's loved in the community. Actually, it's kind of moving. Especially how moved Sue is by the whole thing. "This is ridiculous. How can you cry at your own funeral?" But then everybody goes on their way and starts to get back to the job of living. Something that's come out of this whole thing though is that Valeria has shown her secret . . she's every bit as smart as her mom and dad. Her first project? "It's a trailer for the Fantati-car that's 200 times bigger on the the inside than it is on the outside. It's got four bedrooms, a functioning lab . . an omni-scope over there in the corner . . and I was thinking we could even put a dream machine downstairs." But in this version . . . Franklin hasn't developed any powers yet. When he does though . . he's going to be full of resentment because his sister got her's first. In fact he put them on his Christmas list. "1. super-powers like the rest of the family, 2. Nintendo DS." But I'm sure Mark's saving that for a future story. Oh yeah, and Ben proposes to Deb. Anyways, the really creepy part of the story is when Reed goes to visit Victor. " . . . and then there's my master of course. The man who taught me everything I know. The first super-villain, if you will. Can't you hear him crossing the stars? His footsteps getting closer and closer? He has such plans for humankind. An appetite for death that chills even my black heart. Nine weeks my dear Richards. I wonder it that wife of your can die twice, eh?" We then see something touching down on Nu-Earth. I don't think the people can see it though. As they're looking out at the crowds they ask . . "People or insects? Which species should we start with this time?" They decide . . people. Bryan Hitch is also doing a tremendous job on the pencils of this series. Right now I absolutely love this book. I think we're on the 4th chapter now, and I really love the way the Mark is tying everything together as he goes along. It's really incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment