Sunday, January 04, 2009

StormWatch: Post Earth Division #17 - WildStorm


Apparently the Warhol virus is breaking out all over the place. Jackson King has a team down in Australia but they get attacked by some of the infected shortly before they leave. It doesn't seem as if they actually know what the Warhol virus is. Anyways, after returning, all of the survivors are isolated so they can be decontaminated and watched for a short period of time. It ends up that 3 of them are infected. And then the rest of the issue is spent with them trying to contain it. I enjoy Ian Edginton's writing, and I think Leandro Fernandez is getting more comfortable with these characters every issue. But, I have to admit, I have a harder time getting in to this book than I do the Authority or WildCATS. I'm not sure what it is. I'm just not as interested in what's going on here. And that's kind of how I felt about the old StormWatch book. Not the PHD series. That series I actually liked a lot better than this one. But the original StormWatch. It just didn't hold my interest all that well, and as a reader I never really got bought into the characters. Anyways, that's how I'm kind of feeling about this book now. The story is interesting, but . . when I'm done reading it, I just kind of have a 'who cares?' type of feeling. This issue is leading up to their interaction with the Authority . . the groups are starting to realize that they all need to work together if they're to have any hope of making some progress here. But this group . . . SkyWatch is set, I assume, in geosynchronous orbit around the Earth . . because of all the time most of these people have spent there . . I feel that they almost feel separated from what's going on in the 'real' world, and the people still living there. I guess that kind of explains how I feel about this book. It's interesting . . but separate. I want to like it. I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment