Monday, January 26, 2009

the Authority #6 - WildStorm


I kind of understand where my confusion came from now. I thought the whole world was without power and tech. Apparently, it's only in the little corner where the Authority, and the Carrier are now residing. That's why I was getting a little frustrated with the StormWatch and WildCATS series. They both have power. Anyways, this issue, as a good-will gesture, I guess, StormWatch has finally extended a hand to the Authority. Since they're floating in orbit, they weren't affected by the bombs and such that exploded down here. Plus they have those solar-sails, so they have a pretty unlimited source of power. Anyways, they've offered to share, if . . . the Authority, and their vast amount of space on the Carrier, will take some of their overflow of refugees. StormWatch wants to help as many as they can, but . . they have limited space and they're not really set up to be a refugee camp. Jack seems pretty opposed to the idea, but Jackson sells it as . . . "If StormWatch can get some juice back into the Carrier, with all these people, all this community, it'll become a city again! What do you think might happen then? Think about it." The problem is, once the Carrier gets some power and starts juicing up again . . . it attracts the attention of Eidolon once again. "Finally, it becomes a prize worth taking." But that also means it has better defenses. He makes his way on board and starts chasing Angie. But, with the new-found power flowing around . . he comes around the corner and comes face-to-face with . . the Engineer. And she looks like she's loaded for bear. I enjoy Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning's writing, but . . I'd really like to see this story head in some direction soon. So far, for the last six issues, all we've seen is the team mope around their fallen ship, gather up survivors and try to fend off the freaks. But is this there lot for the rest of their natural lives? If so . . it's going to get boring fast. But at least we have some kind of change this issue. They now have power. So I guess we'll see if this gets them going in some type of direction. I'm enjoying Simon Coleby's art more and more with each issue. But, I have to admit . . I skipped the Lynch back-up story. I'm sorry. I'm bored with it. Anyways, hopefully we'll get a direction going here soon. As intriguing as it is . . watching all of this disdain and misery . . I miss the old team, and team dynamic.

No comments:

Post a Comment