Friday, January 02, 2009

Terra #4 - DC

To cut straight to the chase . . . I really liked this series. I'm glad that Terra . . or a form of her . . is back. And I'm glad that she's not the juvenile delinquent that she's been in the past. I thought Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray did a bang-up job on this story. But, what really sold the book to me was Amanda Conner's art. I know she's been around for a while, but . . I've just never been a huge fan. I even have some Wonder Woman's that she signed. I got 'em by accident. But her stuff just never really excited me the way that this book did. Maybe it's because she did her own inks and stuff. I don't know. Plus, the colors on this series were especially vibrant. Overall, this series had a good feel . . and a great look to it. I have to say thanks to everyone for delivering on this one. I also really like this 'new' Terra character. This issue we get some of the background on the civilization that she comes from. It was obvious, but great, that Geo-Force became involved in this story-line. I think he's a great character that's completely underutilized. He came into this story, I think, kind of pissed that someone was taking his sister's name. Even if her powers were exactly the same. But, by the end of this issue, he sees that overall she's a good person, and really does want to save the world, so . . he gives her his blessing. "Listen, kid. This whole thing is kind of strange, but I like you. I think your heart's in the right place. I'm a big enough man to admit it well be tough at first, but if you want to use the name Terra you can." Not that she needed his approval, but . . it was a nice gesture. I am worried though because before they head back to the surface world they have to erase their memories. So, is Brion going to remember that he made peace with Terra? Or is she going to have to prove herself all over again? She doesn't have to prove herself to Powergirl though. When Terra goes back topside, she goes straight for PG. "I feel a bond with you. Like we should be friends." So it appears that her and PG are going to be BFF's. The issue ends on a good note. Terra and PG are out shopping and eating, when PG here's that Solomon Grundy is loose again. Terra gets all excited, "Not that sounds like fun! Can we go?" There's a lot of potential here. I hope they make the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment