Sunday, January 04, 2009

the Invincible Iron Man #8 - Marvel


This issue really makes you feel sorry for Tony. He really has no idea how to recover from this devastation. He's trying. He's trying to pitch in, and help where he can, but . . between the attacks by Stane, the events of the Invasion and his link to the suit failing, the extremis, he's like a fish floundering out here. Then to top all of that off, Norman Osborne has taken over as the Director of SHIELD. Of course that's assuming that SHIELD even exists anymore. I'm sure it will in some capacity, when the dust settles, but . . it probably won't be the same. Osborne also kicks out Maria Hill. Well . . not kick out, but . . he did fire them. So how will Tony recover? Well, it looks like he'll start over from scratch . . as I think he's done a couple of times before. And in starting over, all he's got by his side is Pepper Potts and Maria Hill. Not a very auspicious beginning, but . . he did manage to upgrade Pepper while he still had a chance. So I'm thinking she's going to be his ace in the hole. And, when Norman tries to access the Superhuman Registration database, he finds out that it's been rigged with a computer virus that takes down all of the HAMMER computers. It was childish of Tony, but . . he couldn't resist. However, now . . . Norman's declared war. I really like this series. I always thought that Tony/Iron Man was an interesting character but I never followed it religiously. I picked up some issue here and there. When I had a chance. Plus he's been with the Avengers pretty consistently. But when this series launched, I saw it as a chance to get in on the action. Plus I'm a huge fan of Salvador Larroca's. I think he's a terrific talent, and he hasn't disappointed me yet. But, all props go to Matt Fraction for writing some incredible story-lines in this book so far. I think he's done a fantastic job, and we're only on issue #8. I can't wait to see what he has in store for us in the future. I'm glad I took a chance and picked up this series.

1 comment:

  1. In my opinion, Iron man is one of the best heroes of all time. I also like comic books and comic book heroes. Read on

    ReplyDelete